Home > Blog > Top Washington, DC Restaurants to Try
Top Washington, DC Restaurants to Try
Dining may look a little different now thanks to COVID-19, but in DC, we all still want to enjoy a good meal. And with proper safety protocols, dining can still be possible — whether it’s through measures like limited seating or carry-out to have at home.
We’ve put together a list of some of the best restaurants in the DC area that may become your new favorite go-to. (Just remember to confirm with the restaurant that they have available seating before heading over to enjoy some delicious food and drinks.)
Some of the Best Restaurants in DC
- Kuya Ja’s Lechon Belly — Want to try something a little different for dinner this weekend? How about a taste of the Philippines? This local gem always seems to be busy (and for good reason), so they suggest that you place your order online for faster and safer service. For a real Filipino treat, try their Lechon Belly sandwich or KJ’s Signature Pancit bowl.
- Menya Hosaki — This isn’t your basic, store-bought, instant ramen. These bowls are made with love, care and delicious flavors. If you like heat, try their Spicy Tonkotsu; if not, we suggest the Truffle Shoyu. They even have plant-based options for the vegetarians and vegans in your family! Just be sure to add your name to the waitlist for a table at their location or order online for takeout.
- Pennyroyal Station — When it’s cold and snowy outside, what’s better than some warm comfort food? Fried green tomatoes with garlic and chili oil, the P.L.T. Pimento Cheese sandwich and the Smokey Brisket are just a few of the options we think you’ll enjoy. Pennyroyal Station regularly changes their hours for the safety of all patrons, so be sure to check their website before going in for a meal or ordering take-out.
- 2Fifty Texas BBQ — Nothing makes the mouth water like classic, hand-crafted, wood-smoked barbecue, and that’s exactly what 2Fifty Texas BBQ is serving up. You can walk in and get a table on a “first come, first served” basis, but the tasty food here means a wait of 45 minutes to an hour. However, pre-ordering means you’re guaranteed to enjoy this melt-off-the-bone barbecue for your next meal. Their menu changes frequently, so be sure to check the website before you place your order!
- Martha Dear — You can get pizza almost anywhere, but not like this. This Mount Pleasant pizza parlor offers sourdough pizzas with Greek inspiration. Not only is their menu unique, but so is their ordering style during the pandemic: log into their “pizza portal” Wednesday through Sunday starting at noon to claim your choice on a short list of pizzas available to pick up from 5:30-9:00pm.
- Muchas Gracias. This Mexican restaurant in Upper Northwest makes food that both touches the taste buds and the heart. One of their missions is to help immigrant workers through programs like Tables Without Boarders and Friends and Family Meal. Whether you opt for their limited dinner seating through table reservation, take-out or delivery, you can’t go wrong with their guacamole, Costillas Chamoy or Chicken Tinga Roja tacos.
Enjoy More Local Restaurants and Less Time Organizing with Self Storage Plus
It can be difficult being trapped inside your home during the winter, so taking a trip to grab some tasty food can be the reprieve you need. But if you feel like you’re spending too much time organizing and cleaning out all of your clutter instead of being able to enjoy a meal from a local restaurant, let Self Storage Plus help. With locations all across the greater Washington, DC and Baltimore areas, we can help you store your seasonal and infrequently used belongings so you can get your home back under control. You can rely on our storage unit size guide to find the right storage space for your family, and then safely rent your unit online so you never have to worry about face-to-face interactions with staff.
Get started by finding a self storage facility near you today!